Thursday, June 11, 2009

On a rampage again...........

So yesterday, I sidled over to 8th Ave. to get me some Red Mango only to discover that the doors were locked and the lights out. Not only that, but two of the employees were standing by the door looking bewildered. There was an official looking document pasted to the glass from the Marshal and it said something about it being Landlord owned, legal blah-blah, and more legal blah.

Well, I was flabbergasted. How could they shut down the location closest to me??? What happened???? I thought they were doing well! How could they do this to me???? What the heck am I supposed to do now for a decent fro-yo fix? Don't they realize that this is the next best thing I can have in the frozen dessert category - the first being Hagen Dazs, but we all know why I can't anymore. What did I do to deserve such cruelty? (See how I make it all about me?)
Back to the office in a huff. Mind you, I'm feeling crappy as it is getting over the incredibly potent baby germ cold my niece was darling enough to give me. This little incident just broke me.

Shot off an e-mail in the comments section and stomped off to finish a project.

After returning to my desk, you could imagine my utter surprise when I picked up a voice message from a live human based at the local corporate offices of Red Mango!

Returned the call this morning and conveyed my surprise to Maureen. She was very sunny and pleasant and asked what had happened. I quickly explained. Well, she explained to me that no one knew what was going on at that location and she made a series of phone calls to find out what happened. Without going into too much detail, she assured me that the matter is being resolved and the Theatre District location will reopen very soon. She also thanked me very much for taking the time to send that e-mail, without which no one would have known what was going on.

Well, the conversation ended with her taking my home address in order to send me coupons in compensation for the inconvenience I "suffered". Oh and a few minutes later, I get another message from Maureen letting me know that 8th Ave. location is now open.

Hee-hee! It's a good day. :)


06/16/2009: Got a letter apologizing for my "inconvenience", along with coupons from Red Mango. Three. Get any size yogurt with up to three toppings. Hee-hee-hee! Color me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment